Friday, March 19, 2010

Intro

Hello all! I am writing this blog to post my thoughts and experiences during my 5 month long hike of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). For those of you who do not know, the PCT is a 2650 mile trail running from Mexico to Canada through the states of California, Oregon and Washington. This will potentially be my second thru-hike, as I completed the Appalachian Trail in 2003. I will be starting my hike somewhere around April 23-25, and ending sometime late September or early October. Water will be available at seeps, streams, creeks, rivers, and lakes, although in southern California, hikers will rely on water drop points at road crossings. This is due to the desert-like conditions in southern Cal. For food I will buy from grocery stores as I go, by hitching into a town, shopping, and then hitching back to the trail.
Well, that is all for now! 36 days and counting til I start walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment