Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mexican Border Tomorrow!!!

Hola!! Well, after leaving Sarasota, I stopped in Orlando and Gainesville to see friends. My friends fiance in Orlando asked me a question I have never been asked about backpacking: So, do you lock up your tent @ night? After a good laugh I said no, a knife would make access to the tent around the lock. Now I am in Knoxville, TN hanging out with my folks. I went zip-lining with my mom today and then a hike in the afternoon. My flight is tomorrow and I will arrive in San Diego @ 1:00 pm. My ride, which I am grateful for, is dropping me off @ the Mexican border. I'll hike a few miles til sunset, and then the rest of the way to Lake Morena on Friday.
There is a festival called the Kick Off every year for the PCT. It is a place for former and current hikers to get together and talk about the trail, gear, and have a few beers. I will be there Friday and part of Saturday.
Next post I will put put up some photos to show my setup of pack and tent. Less than 24 hours and I'll be on the trail!!!! Few more beers and some sleep b4 I set off!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Trails brotha... Glad you got to meet Krista in Orlando.. Too bad you can't be there for the wedding. We'll miss ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get a move on Crow Dog, Karma's is ahead of you.
    Have a great hike. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crazy 2003 AT hikers...what will they get into next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You da man Mike. Can't wait to read and see more.

    ReplyDelete